01.09.2007 - 27.02.2009
|Overall project value (EUR)||900 000 Euro, 1 179 000 USD|
|No. of staff provided||1|
|Name of Client||Ministry of Agriculture; Ministry of Labor and Social Protection; Ministry of Finance|
|Financing agency||European Commission (EC)|
|Name of partners||Human Dynamics, Austria; ICML|
|Detailed Narrative Description of Project||The purpose of this contract was to provide technical assistance, training, and infrastructural support for three target agencies: the Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MoLSD)
- Consolidation and improvement of Medium Term Budget Framework (MTBF) process;
- Introduction of performance elements in the annual budget planning of MoA and MoLSD with a purpose of demonstrating;
- Introduction of modern costing techniques in the programs of the MoA that required improvements;
- Adoption of the Budget Information System (BIS) espoused by the MOF by the Budget Departments of two ministries.
|Detailed Narrative Description of Services provided||To contribute to the activities of Support to PFM Project aimed at capacity building in the MOLSD in the areas of social protection and social development strategy, ministry development plan, and performance management instruments such as indicators.
- Linking national strategy, sector objectives, and sector spending programs, assisting the MOLSD in the preparation of annual and medium-term budgeting, close cooperation and coordination with EC Budgetary Support (previously Food Support) Program.
- Ensure that current country development strategy is represented in social development objectives and that spending program outputs support the sector objectives
- Advise on the process of selection and use of performance indicators to contribute to the work of ministry in the management of sector objectives
- Contribute to the SPFM Project’s capacity building activities in the MOLSD
- Other tasks of the Project as requested by the TL.
- Ministry programs clearly described on how they align with current social sector objectives
- Set of sector objectives that are based on Country Development Strategy document that the ministry may use for future MTBF and annual budget processes
- Performance indicators of ministry programs clearly described as they relate to ministry outcomes
- Recommendations on sources and procedures to find or to collect new data/information for potential new performance indicators which may be suitable to monitor ministry programs